- DYLC provides the tools adult leaders need to mentor & develop outstanding youth leaders. It is encouraged that participants have completed the National Leadership Seminar, but not required.
- Learn ways to help youth leaders problem solve & analyze situations.
- Practice coaching skills that help youth leaders reach their potential.
- Share best practices with OA adult leaders from across your Region
- For more information and how to register for this conference, please visit central.oa-bsa.org
DYLC will be held concurrently with NLS in the Central Region during the following weekends.
February 9-11, 2018
March 23-25, 2018
October 26-28, 2018
Cost: $180 (may slightly vary depending on food and location costs) for adults includes lodging for two nights, cracker barrels, meals from Saturday breakfast through Sunday lunch, seminar handouts, certificate, and seminar recognition(s).
Calendar and Registration
Please go to registration.oa-bsa.org to view upcoming dates and to register. Your council will be billed for the cost of registration, following the completion of the seminar. All payments will need to be handled through your local council.
Who Should Attend
It is recommended that participants be lodge advisers, staff advisers, chapter adviser, associate lodge adviser, and those with lodge adviser potential, as approved by the local council Scout executive. Prior completion of a Lodge Leader Development Program and the National Leadership Seminar are desirable. DYLC is an intensive experience in learning about the nature of lodge program, delivery of service to the council, and development of youth leadership necessary to both. While it is designed to be fun, the course is mentally challenging as well. Participants should be open to learning and prepared to actively engage in an invigorating weekend.
In accordance with the 2017 printing of the OA Guide of Officers and Advisers, smoking will not be permitted at this event or on the camp property.
What to Bring
Full Scout Uniform and OA sash are required for the weekend. Sleeping bags or bedding and your own personal items (towels, soap, etc.) will be needed. Bring a flashlight. An Order of the Arrow Handbook and OA Guide for Officers and Advisers may also be useful. You may wish to bring extra money: An OA trading post with t-shirts, patches, etc, will be available.