OA Service Grant ReceipientsBy Michael Thompson
Published: January 3, 2014 at 3:06 pm
Last Update: January 3, 2014 at 3:14 pm
Since 1999, the National OA Committee has annually selected lodges from each Region to receive matching service grants. For 2014, 13 lodges in councils across the Nation were chosen to receive a combined total of $40,000 dollars in matching grants via the 2014 OA Service Grant program.
The following grants were awarded within the Central Region:
- *The Northwest Iowa Council, Timmeu Lodge, headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa, will receive $1,800 dollars to develop a fishing peninsula for handicapped Scouts at Camp C.S. Klaus.
- *The Ozark Trails Council, Wah-Sha-She Lodge, headquartered in Springfield, Missouri, will receive $3,460 dollars to develop a mountain bike park, trails system, and program at Camp Arrowhead.
- *The Santa Fe Trail Council, Mandan Lodge, headquartered in Garden City, Kansas, will receive $4,000 dollars for trees, grass seed, and tools to enhance forest revitalization at Spanish Peaks Scout Ranch due to the 2013 East Peak Fire.
The following grant was awarded within the Northeast Region:
- *The Boston Minuteman Council, Moswetuset Lodge, headquartered in Milton, Massachusetts, will receive $3,500 dollars for the construction of a new archery range at Camp Sayre.
The following grants were awarded within the Southern Region:
- *The Cherokee Area Council, Talidandaganu Lodge, headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, will receive $2,450 dollars to create a Lodge Trail Crew at Skymont Scout Reservation.
- *The Northwest Texas Council, Wichita Lodge, headquartered in Wichita Falls, Texas, will be awarded $4,000 dollars to develop a shooting clay area at Camp Perkins.
- *The Pushmataha Area Council, Watonala Lodge, headquartered in Columbus, Mississippi, will receive $3,500 dollars to renovate a shower house and multipurpose building at Camp Seminole.
- *The South Florida Council, O-Shot-Caw Lodge, headquartered in Miami Lakes, Florida, will receive $3,250 dollars to construct a new audio-visual system for Camp Elmore.
- *The South Georgia Council, Withlacoochee Lodge, headquartered in Valdosta, Georgia, will receive $2,500 dollars to renovate the staff pavilion at Camp Osborn.
- *The Texas Southwest Council, Wahinkto Lodge, headquartered in San Angelo, Texas, will be awarded $2,125 dollars to renovate the OA Lodge Building at Camp Sol Mayer.
The following grants were awarded within the Western Region:
- *The Catalina Council, Papago Lodge, headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, will receive $2,165 dollars to renovate their chapel at Camp Lawton.
- *The Great Salt Lake Council, El-Ku-Ta Lodge, headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, will receive $4,000 dollars to remodel the “Fort Area” structure at Camp Tracy.*The Western Colorado Council, Mic-O-Say Lodge, headquartered in Grand Junction, Colorado, will be awarded $3,250 dollars to construct an amphitheater at Camp We Can.
Michael Thompson is the Vice Chairman for Recognition, Awards, History & Preservation